Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sam Raimi's directing World of Warcraft Movie!!

I know I'm like a day or two late but...freakin Sam Raimi is directing the World of Warcraft movie! I knew there were talks about it but hadn't been up on my WoW movie tip. Then I see this today whilst scoopin around on the internets! I'm excited for various reasons.



1) Its freakin Sam Raimi. Had I seen this and not gone to Supercon last month this would not be as significant. But I did! Ted Raimi was there (and so was Bruce Campbell; also lucky for me-my friend that I went with has seen a lot of zombie movies). I'm a total geek in the learning sense so I took in a lot while I was there. Needless to say I learned that Ted & Sam were brothers. So now I find myself tuning in a bit more when either Raimi bro is mentioned. Aside from that though, Spiderman's one of my favorite superheroes and I loved the first Spiderman movie especially(and soundtrack), though I do need to get around to watching the other 2-especially since 4 is being worked on.
2) Its World of freakin Warcraft! I played for like 2 seconds about 2 years ago-its hard when you have to fight your bro and his friends and a busy work schedule. Oh and when your bro keeps doin shite to get his account banned. I do see why its so popular that its taking over everybody in the world and they mama. Its an amazing and fun game and it has such a great story and history (Yes, I read the history stuff in the strategy guide. And?!).

That was a lot of reasons lol

Anyway, at least Sam Raimi is a great director. I trust that he won't mess it up and that Blizzard made a smart move. I'm not a huge gamer or watcher of video game movies but, I like to know things. I know enough to be grateful that its not Uwe Boll, I (unfortunately) saw BloodRayne. I can't wait to see more developments on this and for 2010 to get here!




Here's the article on Variety:
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118006299.html?categoryid=13&cs=1&nid=2562

And one on a WoW blog site
http://wow.blogs2k.com/2009/07/22/sam-raimi-to-direct-wow-movie-world-of-warcraft/

No comments:

Post a Comment