Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Crazy Medicine

So last week (and hovering slightly into this week) I was down with some sickness. I don't usually get sick but, meh. Whenever I do I don't like it. I think mostly 'cause I don't like medicine. I just don't like the way extra chems can make you feel and junk. *shivers*
Anyway, my throat started to get all coughy and funky and weird. But funkier and weirder than usual. I thought at first it was a sore throat and tried my usual route of loading up on vitamin C (big jug of orange juice babaaay!), then I added some cough drops (mountain berry w/wildflower honey centers! @.@). This is usually as far as I have to go as far as 'medicine' for a sore throat. Every once in a while I have to break down and give in to some cough meds or chloraseptic spray 'cause I'm paranoid about still being sick but not enough to give a doc a say yet. Well I was fast approaching a week of throat sickness, and even though I lost my voice (we suspected laryngitis but...) kinda and sounded funnily kick ass saying some things ('Finish him!', 'Fatality!', 'Avada Kedavra!', singing Michael Jackson and the 'aah aah aah' parts on 'Birthday Sex') I had to get something to get better.
We went to the store and I halfway zombie hacked my way over to the medicine. (OHhh-I tried some hot tea with honey...and peach vodka ;-D -it was good and restored my vox for like 2 seconds, but still) I wanted something to soothe my throat and make the coughing stop. I was looking for TheraFlu-someone told me there was a berry flavored one that tasted better than the apple/cinnamon? and lemon kinds. We get on the aisle and *daahnt*-no TheraFlu. Or at least not the kind I wanted. No, they had the creepy warming kind! I hate that stuff! Then there was daytime and nighttime ones. And then I looked at the Tylenol hoping to find something more sane but nooooo-this one had a cooling sensation! What the...freaking WHY??!?! Why?! Fucking why?! Does medicine have to heat up or cool down just to work? I just wanted something to make me get better. I didn't want anything that freakin explodes or goes through the rainbow in color changes or transforms into fireworks or takes you back in time or some shit! Medicine should not do that! Especially get warm! Unfortunately I had to settle for the freaky warmth of the TheraFlu. I already knew how it worked and felt even though I didn't like it so I rathered that than the mystery of the cooling Tylenol. I figured either way it felt like drinking instant heartburn so stick to what I know. I did not choose quietly though! I bet the people in the pharmacy thought maybe I needed meds for another reason if they overheard my bitchfest at the cough medicine!

No comments:

Post a Comment