Monday, April 19, 2010

Hairuku For Youruku

Woop, pow, surprise! Well hello there! Its been a while, hasn't it?

Anyway, in honor of National Poetry Month I think its hairuku time! 'What is a hairuku?' you ask. Its a haiku/poem/slam poetry/freestyle hybrid of sorts. There's no particular meter or rhyme scheme it has to follow. It can make sense, have varying degrees of depth, or it can be totally absurd. Regardless its all about fun! A great excuse to feel like you have the ability to wax poetic. As a matter of fact that's how it came about. One night The Wil! over at AIR & G had an incredible urge to spit hot fiyah beatnik style while wearing her lil beret. I of course didn't help by serving as her introduction, clearing my throat and saying 'hairuku' sharply and japaneseque with a bow. We decided they should all end with the line 'All is rosy and grey' (though we do differ on our spellings of 'rosy' and 'grey', not that that has any relevance). I won't promise that there will be more of these this month in particular. I mean we'll see and all. This definitely won't be the only one on here though! More will follow eventually.

Onward to the hairuku! This one was inspired by some wrapping paper I found while helping my sister shop for a gift for a wedding shower. It had nice words pertaining to love and marriage written on it. As a matter of fact it was one of my favorites when I used to work at a card shop and we had it in store. My sister asked me what it said and I summed it up terribly...'Love is something, circle like a ring, drop it like its hot'. Now it goes a little something like this:



*clears throat*
Hairuku! *bows*



Love is a stranger
Love is a fool
Love is a verb, love is a verb
Love is...something

Circle like a ring
Drop it like its hot

All is rosy and grey





Now go ahead and sip on some of that while you make like a mirror and reflect *winks*

1 comment:

  1. *Floats to glory in a wedding dress and cranks dat with Peter to "Here Comes The Bride*

    ReplyDelete